The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) which is popularly also known as Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme is the flagship scheme by the Government of India. The Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojna is basically a health insurance scheme. This scheme helps the poor, lower section of the society, and the vulnerable population with financial and medical aids. This is a very beneficial scheme as it offers financial protection to the people in case of hospitalization due to medical emergencies. You all wanna know what is this scheme and how to apply for it? Hang on with us as we explain its eligibility criteria, how to apply, documents required, features, benefits, etc.
- 1 What is Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojna?
- 2 Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojna
- 3 How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojna 2020
- 4 Documents required for Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojna Scheme:
- 5 How to download the Ayushman Bharat Yojna card online (PMJAY Golden Card)?
- 6 How To Check Your Name or Registration Status?
- 7 Who is Eligible to Apply Ayushman Bharat Yojna Scheme?
- 8 Who cannot apply for the scheme?
What is Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojna?
So, the Ayushman Bharat Yojana is considered as one of the biggest healthcare schemes in the world. This scheme aims to cover more than 10 crore Indian families which turn to around 50 crore Indian citizens. It has been developed especially for the economically weaker sections of the country. This scheme was launched in September 2018 to provide health insurance coverage of Rs 5 lakh to the applicants. This scheme covers most of the medical treatment costs, medicines, diagnostics, and pre-hospitalization expenses. The beneficiaries of this scheme can also avail hospitalization for necessary treatment by showing their PMJAY E-card.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojna
- The Entire treatment and health care facilities will be free of cost totally through this Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojna Scheme 2020.
- Mental Patient treatment
- In the case of multiple surgeries, the total expenses will be covered the highest packages.
- It covers all hospitalization expenses with cashless transactions to beneficiaries.
- Pre and post-hospitalization costs.
- Can be used by all family members.
- No limit on family size, age or gender.
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojna 2020
- One needs to open the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Ayushman Bharat Yojana Official website pmjay.gov.in
- Next, you have to click on the AM I Eligible button on the top of the home page.
- Then the login page is displayed on your device.
- Enter the Mobile Number and Captcha code.
- After that, click on the Generate OTP and submit the date.
- Now, you have to Enter Your name, Ration Card or Household (HHD) Number, Name of the State, and mobile number
- Finally, if your family is covered under the PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2020, then your name will be displayed in the results. Also, it will let you know if you are eligible for the PMJAY scheme.
Documents required for Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojna Scheme:
- Identity and Age Proof (Aadhaar Card/PAN Card)
- Details of your mobile number, email address, and residential address.
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate (Applicant maximum annual income should be only up to Rs. 5 Lakhs)
- Document Proof of the current status of the family to be covered.
How to download the Ayushman Bharat Yojna card online (PMJAY Golden Card)?
- Visit the PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojna website (https://mera.pmjay.gov.in/search/login) [Link] and log in with your registered mobile number.
- Enter the ‘Captcha Code’ to generate the OTP.
- Opt for the HHD code.
- Provide the HHD code to the Common Service Centre (CSC), where they would check the HHD code and other details.
- The CSC representatives who are known as Ayushman Mitra will complete the rest of the process.
- You will have to pay Rs.30 to get the Ayushman Bharat card.
How To Check Your Name or Registration Status?
- Common Service Centre (CSC): Visit the nearest CSCs or you can visit any of the impaneled hospitals to check if you are eligible for the healthcare scheme.
- Helpline Numbers: PMJAY helpline numbers are available to get information about your eligibility for the scheme. You can contact 14555 or 1800-111-565.
- Online: Visit the official website of the Ayushman Bharat Yojna scheme (https://www.pmjay.gov.in/) and check if you are eligible for the scheme.
Who is Eligible to Apply Ayushman Bharat Yojna Scheme?
- Households with only one room with Kucha walls and roof.
- No adult member in the age group between 16 and 59 years.
- No adult male member in the age group between 16 and 59 years.
- Disabled member and no-abled bodied member in the household.
- SC and ST
- Landless households and major sources of income are manual casual labor.
- Domestic worker/Chowkidar/Washer-man
- Cobbler/Street Vendor/Hawker/Other service providers on the street.
- Plumber/Construction Worker/Mason/Painter/Labour/Welder/Security Guard/Coolie
- Sweeper/Mali/Sanitation Worker
- Artisan/Handicrafts Worker/Tailor/Home-based Worker
- Driver/Transport Worker/Conductor/Cart or Rickshaw Pullers/Helper to Drivers or Conductors
- Shop Workers/Peon in Small Establishment/Assistant/Helper/Attendant/Delivery Assistant/Waiter
- Mechanic/Electrician/Repair Worker/Assembler
Who cannot apply for the scheme?
- Those who have mechanized farming equipment.
- Who owns a two, three, or four-wheeler.
- Those who hold a Kisan card.
- Government employees.
- Those who own a motorized fishing boat.
- Those who are earning more than Rs.10,000 per month.
- Those who are working in government-run non-agricultural enterprises.
- Those who own more than 5 acres of agricultural land.
- Those who own landline phones or refrigerators.
- Those who live in well built pukka houses.
More Scheme Details: Govt Scheme Details
This was all about the Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojna 2020. We have explained to you this Ayushman Scheme, its Eligibility, How To Apply, Documents required, How to check the status, and all other information. We hope it will be beneficial to you.