IBPS Complete Details on Exam, Syllabus, Dates, etc…
- 1 What is IBPS?
- 2 Processes to Recruit Candidates:
- 3 Recruitment of Candidates for different posts through IBPS exams
- 4 Composition of IBPS
- 5 EXAM QUALIFICATION FOR IBPS:
- 6 What is the examination fee for appearing for IBPS exams?
- 7 Salary Structure:
- 8 List of IBPS Jobs:
- 9 IBPS EXAM DATES
- 10 How to Download IBPS Admit Cards?
- 11 How to check IBPS Results?
- 12 Syllabus of IBPS Exam:
What is IBPS?
The abbreviated form of the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is IBPS. (Official Link) It is a governmental agency aiming to recruit and place young graduates in Public Sector financial institutions. After nationalization, Indian banks needed a push to expand. Expansion always requires more workforces. The association of banks approached the NIBM.
NIBM set up a small agency that came to know as Personnel Selection Services. With time, it developed into IBPS. It is an autonomous organization. Its main motto is to conduct competitive exams to recruit fresh graduates in the banking field.
Processes to Recruit Candidates:
Every year four processes are conducted to recruit prospective candidates.
Candidates need to know about these processes:
- CRP PO/MT.
- CRP RRBs.
- CRP CLERICAL.
- CRP SPECIALIST OFFICERS.
Recruitment of Candidates for different posts through IBPS exams
IBPS conducts various exams.
- IBPS PO/ MT
This exam is designed to recruit Probationary Officers and Management Trainees. It is carried out to meet the requirements of nationalized banks.
- IBPS SO
This type of exam is conducted for the recruitment of Scale 1 officers.
- IBPS CLERK
It takes place for the recruitment of Specialist Officers mainly for the nationalized banks.
- IBPS RRBS Officer Scale – I
This type of exam is conducted for the recruitment of Scale – I officer mainly in Regional Rural Banks.
- IBPS Regional Rural Bank Officer Scale 2 and Scale 3
This kind of exam is conducted for the recruitment of Scale – II and Scale- III officers in Regional Rural Banks.
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant
It is conducted for the recruitment of Office Assistant in Regional Rural Banks.
Composition of IBPS
IBPS is a board that includes several associations. They are as follows :
- Reserve Bank of India.
- Ministry of Finance Government of India.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai.
- Indian Institute of Banking and Finance.
- National Institute of Bank Management.
- Indian Banks Association.
- Various nationalized banks.
EXAM QUALIFICATION FOR IBPS:
The eligibility criteria for IBPS PO Exam are as follows:
- Must have a graduation degree in any discipline such as BA, Bcom, Bsc, B.Tech from an established university.
- The percentage of marks must be carefully entered during the time of registration.
- Candidates must be able to handle computers.
- Candidates should be able to understand, write, speak, and read any particular language which he is proficient in.
- The age eligibility for a candidate is 20-30 years.
A candidate must know about the age relaxations for the reserved category:
- SC’s/ST’s get an age relaxation of five years.
- OBC’s get an age relaxation of three years.
- PWD’s get an age relaxation of ten years.
- Ex-servicemen ( Army personnel ) get an age relaxation of five years.
- Widows / Divorced Women get an age relaxation of nine years.
- People affected by 1984 riots get an age relaxation of five years.
Candidates aspiring for IBPS exams must be:
- A citizen of India.
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- A Tibetan refugee who came before 1962.
What is the examination fee for appearing for IBPS exams?
The fee differs from one category of candidates to another.
The application fee :
- For the General, it is Rs. 600.
- For Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and Person with disabilities, it is Rs. 100.
- Probationary Officers for PSB’s get a salary of Rs.23,700.
- The Cooperative Bank PO salary is near 31,000.
- IBPS Clerk’s salary ranges from 12000-43000.
- IBPS RRB Salary (Officer Scale I) is between 30,000 – 36,000.
- IBPS RRB Salary (Officer Scale-II) is between 36,000 – 42,000.
- IBPS RRB Salary (Officer Scale III) is between 41,000 – 47,000.
Salary structure depends from position to position. However, a person with excellent communication skills can ace the race in the field of salary.
List of IBPS Jobs:
IBPS EXAM DATES
Examination dates are posted on the website. Candidates are expected to view the site regularly to learn about notices, updates, etc.
This year IBPS is expected to release its notification regarding the conduct of exams in August.
How to Download IBPS Admit Cards?
Candidates are required to get a print of their to admit cards, which is available on the official site of IBPS EXAMINATION. Candidates are required to do so because hard copies won’t be sent through the post. One must follow the steps below to download their admit cards:
- Enter the registration number / Roll number.
- Enter the date of birth/ password.
- The admit card gets issued in three phases.
How to check IBPS Results?
A candidate needs to visit the official website. He/She needs to search for the Results Portal. One needs to put in the required details. After clicking on the Print Result option, one can easily view their result.
Syllabus of IBPS Exam:
Candidates need to go through the subjects like:
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude.
- General Awareness.
- English language.
- Data Analysis.
- Numerical Ability.
- Data Interpretation.
- Letter writing.
Frequently Answered Questions
Q. How many vacancies do we get to see each year?
Ans. The vacancies might differ from year to year. However, every year we get to see a vacancy of 5500 posts.
Q. Is a BA student eligible for IBPS exams?
Ans. A candidate only needs to have his/her graduation degree to apply and sit for IBPS exams. The candidate must have completed his/her graduation from a recognized institution.
Q. Will the 12th percentage matter in IBPS exams?
Ans. No. The only educational requirement is to complete the graduation.
Every year many aspirants sit for IBPS EXAMS. A candidate needs to follow a schedule to crack the exam in his/her first attempt. Attempts aren’t counted in these exams. Regular practice is necessary. Books are readily available for IBPS exams. Also, there are many online sites that provide help to pass this exam.