Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana scheme is very popular in India. Every year, a lot of people apply for it and they open their bank accounts and get financial assistance from the Central Government. The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana was introduced by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 28th August 2018. Through this scheme, the poor people of the country can open accounts in the post office and the nationalized bank accounts with the zero balance system. Here, we have for you all the details about this Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana 2020, How you have to Apply in it, what are the Benefits of the Scheme, What Documents are required to apply? Everything!
What is Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana?
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2020 is also known as Jan Dhan Khata. Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is a National Mission for Financial Inclusion to ensure access to financial services, namely, a basic savings & deposit accounts, remittance, credit, insurance, pension in an affordable manner. Under the scheme, a basic savings bank deposit (BSBD) account can be opened in any bank branch or Business Correspondent (Bank Mitra) outlet, by persons not having any other account. The Government deposits Rs 500 per month in the bank account of the women beneficiaries on a quarterly or a half-yearly basis. This time, the Central Government has also announced that it will provide benefits to the poor women in lieu of the lockdown.
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana?
- Go to your nearest government bank. (Official Link)
- Take the application form.
- Fill the application form errorfree with all the latest details.
- Submit it to the bank officers.
Documents for Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana:
- Address Proof
- Mobile number
- Adhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Identity Card
- Passport Size photo
Benefits Under Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana
- One basic savings bank account is opened for an unbanked person.
- There is no requirement to maintain any minimum balance in PMJDY accounts.
- Interest is earned on the deposit in PMJDY accounts.
- Rupay Debit card is provided to the PMJDY account holder.
- Accident Insurance Cover of Rs.1 lakh (enhanced to Rs. 2 lakh to new PMJDY accounts opened after 28.8.2018) is available with RuPay card issued to the PMJDY account holders.
- Life Insurance Cover of Rs. 30,000 to eligible PMJDY account holders who opened their account for the first time between 15.8.2014 to 31.1.2015 is available.
- An overdraft (OD) facility up to Rs. 10,000 to eligible account holders are available.
- PMJDY accounts are eligible for Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), Atal Pension Yojana (APY), Micro Units Development & Refinance Agency Bank (MUDRA) scheme.
Factors of Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana
- Basic Banking Facilities
- Banking Facilities for accessible
- Financial Literacy Program
- Micro Insurence Facility
- Micro Credit
- RuPay Debit
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
This was all about the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jan-Dhan Yojana 2020. We have explained to you about this Financial Assistance Scheme, How To Apply, the Documents required, its benefits, and all other information. We hope it will be beneficial to you. If you have any queries, leave them in the comments section below.